Monday 14 July 2008

Jobhunting season

Well, it's been a while. We're both pretty much illness-free, although Mike still needs a check-up. He's starting to feel quite stressed about his exams next month, so we haven't really done much lately - he is either working or studying all the time.

Last week I had my first job interview, which went kind of OK considering that I had completely the wrong education for the job. They were looking for someone with some serious sales experience, but I made a good enough impression that the woman interviewing me agreed to keep my application and get in touch if none of the other candidates worked out. It would only be a half-time job, with really bad pay, but it would at least help me get a foot in the door of the Swiss job market.

And I have a long list of places that I'll be sending spontaneous applications to - but the chance that anyone will read it and go "Oh, exactly what we need" isn't really that good :(

I'll keep you updated...

No comments: