Tuesday 9 September 2008

Life on the road

Tomorrow we go to Finland for my sister's wedding. That means it's the second time I'm going to Finland this week. Last Friday was my sister's bachelorette party, and her fiancé/soon-to-be-husband paid for my tickets to and from Helsinki. In business class. So, I got a little taste of the high life, cruising through the airport without having to bother with pesky details like standing in line at the check-in, and relaxing in the lounge before boarding, drinking free coffee and eating free chocolate. And, of course, on board the meal was a big step up from economy fare, not only because it was served on porcelain and glass, but also because it could be washed down with champagne. It was a lot of fun, of course, but it was also very tiring to fly back and forth on consecutive days.

And tomorrow, we fly again. Economy, of course.

No comments: