Wednesday 1 October 2008

Yes yes, I'm still alive..

So, I've been neglecting my blogging duties lately. Don't say I didn't warn you, though. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, and I haven't had much time.

The wedding has been and gone. It was stressful and beautiful at the same time, but in the end, it's the beauty that will be remembered. My sister and her husband know what they want, and they don't settle for anything but the best, so the results of all their planning were magnificent. I haven't seen or spoken to my sister since, as they went away on their honeymoon the following day, but they sent a card from Colmar and seemed to be having a very nice time.

Closer to home, we've also had some changes. Mike passed his exams (as I always told him he would :) ), so he's in the process of setting up his own law office. He is renting a room from a bigger agency, in an office suite that will hopefully one day be filled with other "freelance" lawyers. But so far, he's got the place to himself. We've been scrounging for stuff to put in it - he's got a big desk and two bookshelves that were left behind by someone who was hoping to do the same as him, but didn't pass the exams. They are ugly as hell, but after a good scrubbing they are, at least, clean. In addition, he'll get an old wooden office chair from his parents, and yesterday we boght a small round table and some chairs to put in a corner, for client meetings. I got him a table lamp at a flea market, and yesterday we found a beautiful old hanging lamp, also at a flea market, which has replaced a lamp we already had in our hall, and the old one will be hung in the office.

I tried to find a picture of a lamp similar to the one we bought - this is as close as I got. Ours isn't that delicate and shiny, though. But you get the idea. It looks very nice with the tile floor.

No comments: