Thursday 19 June 2008

And now for the daily weather update...

It's warm! And sunny ! Finally! We had lunch on the balkony this afternoon - we'd been planning to for some time, but the weather didn't allow it until now. And it looks like it'll hold this time, the prognosis is promising temperatures of 20-30° for the week to come. I guess it's time to dig out the swimwear...

I still haven't found any gainful employment. So I do household things, like cleaning, washing, cooking - I've even baked bread. Twice. I'm feeling like a 50s housewife, but I'm not yet (ha ha) desperate. I guess I'm still in that early phase of infatuation with the apartment, which means that I actually *like* cleaning it. Cooking hasn't become quite a chore yet, even though I've been cooking at least one meal a day for weeks now. That will most certainly change once I get a job.

Euro2008 is still going on, but for Bern, it might as well be over. The last few matches will be played elsewhere, so the fans have left, and the town is almost eerily quiet in contrast to earlier this week. In general, it was only the actual match days that were really bothersome, with all traffic at a stand-still and people who started drinking in the morning and then just kept going. Other days the hordes of football fans were merely a nuisance but no real problem. Still, I'm feeling slightly relieved that they are gone. Though the town did look nice dressed in orange..

No comments: