Tuesday 24 June 2008

Getting what you ask for...

Remember how I used to complain about the weather? More specifically about COLD weather? Well, somebody must have heard me, as the las few days can only be described as "hot". There is a heat wave thing going on in Switzerland right now, with temperatures steadily at over 30° in the day, and never under 20° in the night. Sweaty, indeed, but much, much better than before.

Yesterday I bought something that I was longing for very much, but didn't think I'd be able to afford for a long time - a DVD-player. At a bargain - 55Fr (that's hardly more than 30€...), so now we can watch movies without having to squint at the tiny screen of my laptop. I've already tested it - of course - and it's working fine. It even looks nice, all thin and black. I really got lucky - I had trouble finding the store, so it took me a while to get there, and when I got there they only had one left. While I was waiting for them to pack it up (it had been on show in a glass case) someone else came and asked for that very same player.. So 15 minutes later and I would probably have been too late.

It would be very nice to know if anyone reads what I've written, even though I'd probably keep writing in either case. So please, if you read this, please take a few seconds to "vote" on the "poll" at the bottom left of the page.

No comments: